No, Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), doesn’t look overvalued.Â As per Trefis, the price estimate of Best Buy’s stock is $76, which is similar to its current market price.
Best Buy provides products and services to their customers that address key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food preparation, security, and health and wellness. They have operations in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Trefis has a price estimate of $76 for Best Buyâs stock. We have detailed the key components ofÂ Best Buyâs Valuation in an interactive dashboard, Best Buy Valuation: Cheap or Expensive? along with our forecast for the full year 2020.
#1 Estimating Best Buyâs Revenues
- Total Revenue for Best Buy has seen a continuous increase over the years. It grew from $39.4 billion in FY 2017 to $42.9 billion in FY 2019. Trefis estimates revenue to be $43.5 billion for FY 2020 (ended January 2020).
- Best Buy Domestic Segment is the highest contributor to Total revenues and has a good growth over recent years. It grew from $36.2 billion in FY 2017 to $39.3 billion in FY 2019. Trefis estimates revenue to be $39.9 billion for FY 2020 (ended January 2020).
- Revenue from Best Buy International has seen a steady growth over recent years. It grew from $3.2 billion in FY 2017 to $3.6 billion in FY 2019. Trefis estimates revenue to be nearly flat at around $3.6 billion for FY 2020 (ended January 2020).
#2 Estimating Best Buyâs Net Income
- The company has seen a continuous increase in Net Income margins over the last few years. Trefis estimates the margin to be around 3.53% for FY 2020 (ended January 2020).
#3 Deriving Best Buyâs EPS Figure
- Best Buy has regularly invested in share repurchases to boost shareholder returns. Shares outstanding are likely to be around 266.4 million at the end of FY 2020.
- This would enable it to report an EPS figure of $5.77 in 2020.
#4 Estimating Best Buyâs Share Price using P/E multiple
- We expect Best Buy to achieve earnings of $5.77, which coupled with our P/E multiple of 13.2x works out to a price estimate of $76.
Whatâs behind Trefis? See How Itâs Powering New Collaboration and What-Ifs
ForÂ CFOs and Finance TeamsÂ |Â Product, R&D, and Marketing Teams
More Trefis Data
Like our charts? ExploreÂ example interactive dashboardsÂ and create your own.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- Best Stocks To Buy Now? 4 Tech Stocks To Watch This Week
- Apple's (AAPL) Predictable Fall Will Be Followed by A Predictable Recovery
- Best Cryptocurrency Stocks To Invest In Right Now As Bitcoin Hits $50,000? 5 To Check Out
- The Trouble at Evergrande May Not Spread But it Could Still Prompt a Big Drop in Stocks