Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI), a leading provider of commercial and institutional lighting and building management solutions has seen its stock price rise by almost 17% over the last week (five trading days). In comparison, the S&P 500 was up by just about 1% over the same period. The recent rally comes as the company posted stronger than expected Q4 FY’21 results, with adjusted EPS rising by nearly 40% year-over-year and revenue rising by about 11%, as the economy continues to re-open following the Covid-19 lockdowns, with construction activity picking up.
Now, is AYI stock poised to grow? Based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years, there is a 63% chance of a rise in AYI stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days). See our analysis on Acuity Brands Stock Chance Of Rise for more details.
Five Days: AYI 17%, vs. S&P 500 1%; Outperformed market
(1% event probability)
- Acuity Brands’ stock rose 17% over a five-day trading period ending 10/8/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose 1% over the same period.
- A change of 17% or more over five trading days has a 1% event probability, which has occurred 21 times out of 2517 in the last ten years.
Ten Days: AYI 12%, vs. S&P 500 -1.4%; Outperformed market
(6% event probability)
- Acuity Brands’ stock rose 12% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined by -1.4%.
- A change of 12% or more over ten trading days has a 6% event probability, which has occurred 141 times out of 2517 in the last ten years.
Twenty-One Days: AYI 17%, vs. S&P 500 -2.5%; Outperformed market
(5% event probability)
- Acuity Brands’ stock rose 17% over the last twenty-one trading days (about one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined by -2.5%
- A change of 17% or more over twenty-one trading days has a 5% event probability, which has occurred 128 times out of 2516 in the last ten years.
Looking for other stocks that could benefit from rising infrastructure and capital spending? Check out our theme of Capex Cycle Stocks to invest in.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since 2016.Trefis Market-Beating Portfolios Trefis Price Estimates
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.