Here comes the waffle after the newly released report
It's Maurice Obstfeld's turn to front the questions after the latest gloom-look report from the IMF
- IMF is preparing more Brexit effect details (Can't wait to read that one on the toilet)
- Brexit is causing a lot of uncertainty and would be a significant global change
- Possibility that UK leaves the EU is very real
- UK economy has already been impacted by threat of EU exit
On to other things;
- Unclear what rate is stall speed for the world economy
- PBOC moved very forcefully on their FX communication (bigging up their new mates)
- Sees further room for PBOC transparency and dialogue with markets
Here's the April report in all its 230 page glory. That should be enough to fix most wonky tables.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.