How to Get the Best 2019 Black Friday Deals at Best Buy
NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for holiday shopping tips and announcements about your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 29.
Best Buy Black Friday store hours
The early shopper gets the deal at Best Buy this year.
Most Best Buy stores will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 28. They’ll close at 1 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 29, and reopen at 8 a.m. Store hours may vary by location, so check with your local Best Buy before you show up to shop.
Most Thanksgiving Day ad items will be available for purchase online on Thanksgiving Day.
Best Buy Black Friday deals 2019
Best Buy has some of the most sought-after Black Friday deals each year. This year, the lineup looks to be no exception.
There will be discounts on TVs, laptops, Apple products, Dyson vacuums, video games, appliances and more.
Best Buy has released a huge ad online with planned Black Friday prices. We sifted through the interactive ad and pulled out some of the best bargains. Here are our top selections:
- Insignia 58-inch 4K UHD TV Fire TV Edition for $199.99 (was $479.99), plus a free Amazon Echo Dot with purchase.
- Samsung 70-inch 4K UHD TV for $549.99 (was $899.99).
- Save $80-$100 on select iPad models.
- Save $200 on select iMac models.
- Select movies on Blu-ray for $7.99.
- Save $200 on Dyson Cyclone V10 models (starting at $349.99).
- Amazon Echo Show 5 Smart Display with Alexa for $49.99 (was $89.99).
- Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB All-Digital Edition Console for $149.99 (was $249.99).
- Select video games for $27.99.
- Ring bundle with Echo Show 5 for $179.99 ($209.99 savings).
- Save up to 40% on appliances.
- Save 15% on select gift cards.
New doorbusters will be revealed on Black Friday.
What to skip at Best Buy
Before you shop Black Friday deals at Best Buy, look around and compare prices, just as you would any other time of the year. Some popular products will be sold for the exact same price at multiple stores.
For example, Target and Kohl’s will have the Amazon Echo Dot (3rd generation) on sale for $22. Best Buy’s ad lists the Echo Dot for $22.99.
How to save money at Best Buy
Act quickly for an early shot at savings. From Nov. 7 through Nov. 10, hundreds of Best Buy’s deals are available both in-store and online. The retailer’s online ad denotes these savings with a “Get it today!” banner.
If you wait to shop until Thanksgiving Day, show up early. Best Buy will be issuing tickets for select in-store doorbusters this year. Best Buy store locations will decide when to distribute tickets in the two hours prior to opening time.
Tickets grant customers the ability to buy an item for a limited time. You must redeem the product before the deadline on the ticket.
According to Best Buy’s website, “Ticketing helps ensure the safety of both Best Buy customers and employees when the stores open. Tickets also help ensure that those customers who arrive first can purchase the products they have waited in line for.”
Best Buy Black Friday deals 2018
Best Buy takes Black Friday seriously. The deals are usually big, and they begin early. Last year, Best Buy’s doors opened at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, but plenty of Black Friday deals were available before that online.
Electronics and accessory deals abounded, including the following:
- Toshiba 43-inch Class LED 2160p Smart 4K UHD TV for $129.99 (in-store only).
- Amazon Echo Dot (2nd generation) for $19.99.
- Save up to $200 on iPhone X with qualified activation.
- Select video games for $29.99 each.
- Xbox One controllers starting at $39.99.
- Save 50% on PopSockets.
- Save up to 35% on select smart home products.
We’ve been tracking Black Friday sales at Best Buy for years, and the retailer tends to discount the same types of items each year. So if you see something in the list that you’ve been wanting to buy, it’s a good idea to wait until November to shop for it.
More From NerdWallet
- Xbox One X Black Friday 2019 Deals: Are They Worth It?
- How to Get the Best Macy’s Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Laptop and Computer Black Friday 2019 Deals: Are They Worth It?
Courtney Jespersen is a writer at NerdWallet. Email: email@example.com. Twitter: @CourtneyNerd.
The article How to Get the Best 2019 Black Friday Deals at Best Buy originally appeared on NerdWallet.