JetBlue Corporation ( JBLU ) continued to perform well in its key metrics in the month of November. As in October, the carrier grew its capacity moderately at 5.2% y-o-y, when compared to previous months of 2016. Including this month, year to date capacity is up as much as 9.4% for JetBlue, highest in the industry. Further, the capacity was being used efficiently as indicated by the 150 bps gain in the load factor.
The capacity discipline, in addition to positive passenger yield in Latin America, helped the company turn around its unit revenues, which registered no change in the month. Moreover, due to the expectation of unit revenue growth turning positive in December, the company expects only a 1%-2% decline for the fourth quarter.
Its passenger traffic and passengers boarded increased by 7.1% and 6.2% respectively, in the month, bringing the year to date figures to 9.9% and 6.8%, respectively.
- Millennials And Their Increasing Contribution Toward Air Travel
- How Did JetBlue Perform Operationally In October?
- Higher Expenses Weigh On JetBlue's Q3'16 Results, Even As Unit Revenues Improve
- JetBlue's Q3'16 Earnings Preview: Reduction In Capacity Expansion To Arrest The Decline In Unit Revenues
- How Did JetBlue Perform Operationally In September?
- How Has The State Of Air Travel In The U.S. Changed Over The Years?
- How Has JetBlue's Financial Position Improved Over The Last Few Years?
- Is Renewable Diesel The Way Forward For The U.S. Aviation Industry?
- How Did JetBlue Perform Operationally In August?
- Can Passenger Airlines Revive The Growth In The Air Cargo Industry?
- How Are The U.S. Carriers Taking Advantage Of The Restoration Of Diplomatic Ties Between U.S. And Mexico/Cuba?
- Why Has Trefis Revised Its Price Estimate For JetBlue To $18 Per Share?
- Capacity Growth Fuels JetBlue's Q2'16 Revenues, Slightly Offset By Declining PRASM
- JetBlue's Q2'16 Earnings Preview: Capacity Expansion And Mint Services To Drive Results
- What Impact Will Crude Oil Prices Have On JetBlue's Enterprise Value?
- How Are US Air Fares Correlated To Crude Oil Prices?
1) The purpose of these analyses is to help readers focus on a few important things. We hope such lean communication sparks thinking, and encourages readers to comment and ask questions on the comment section, or email email@example.com
2) Figures mentioned are approximate values to help our readers remember the key concepts more intuitively. For precise figures, please refer to our complete analysis for JetBlue Corporation
View Interactive Institutional Research (Powered by Trefis):
Global Large Cap | U.S. Mid & Small Cap | European Large & Mid Cap
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.