Honeywell earnings for the first quarter of 2019 have HON stock heading higher on Thursday.
Honeywell (NYSE: HON ) starts off its earnings report for the first quarter of the year with earnings per share of $1.92. This is down from the company's earnings per share of $1.95 from the first quarter of 2018. However, it was still a boon to HON stock by beating out Wall Street's earnings per share estimate of $1.83 for the period.
The Honeywell earnings report for the first quarter of 2019 also includes net income of $1.44 billion. This is a drop from the company's net income of $1.45 billion reported in the same period of the year prior.
Honeywell earnings for the first quarter of the year also see it bringing in revenue of $8.88 billion. The company reported revenue of $10.39 billion in the first quarter of the previous year. Despite the drop, this was still a blessing for HON stock by coming in above analysts' revenue estimate of $8.64 billion for the quarter.
"Honeywell delivered a very strong start to 2019 with first-quarter results that exceeded the high end of our sales and earnings guidance," Darius Adamczyk, Chairman and CEO of Honeywell, said in a statement . "Organic sales grew 8% led by our long-cycle businesses in commercial aerospace, defense, and warehouse and process automation, and strong demand for commercial fire and security products."
HON stock was up 3% as of Thursday afternoon and is up 23% since the start of the year.
More From InvestorPlace
- 2 Toxic Pot Stocks You Should Avoid
- 5 Dividend Stocks Perfect for Retirees
- 7 Reasons the Stock Market Rally Isn't Over Yet
- 10 S&P 500 Stocks to Weather the Earnings Storm
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
In This StoryHON
Latest Markets Videos
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Better Buy: Dogecoin vs. Terra Classic vs. Terra (LUNA)?
- Bitcoin Uses 50 Times Less Energy Than Traditional Banking, New Study Shows