(RTTNews) - The following are the healthcare stocks that hit a new 52-week high on Tuesday.
1. Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RETA) hit a new high of $215.1 in intraday trading on Tuesday before closing at $214.14. The stock jumped nearly 300% year-to-date. Reata Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company.
The company's lead drug candidate is Bard (Bardoxolone Methyl) which is being investigated for a variety of kidney diseases:
--A phase III study, dubbed CARDINAL, for Alport Syndrome, a genetic condition characterized by progressive loss of kidney function.
-- A phase III study dubbed CATALYST in connective tissue disease-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension (CTD-PAH). Top-line data is expected during the first half of 2020.
- A phase III study, dubbed FALCON in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD).
Bardoxolone Methyl is also being evaluated in patients with diabetic kidney disease by Kyowa Hakko Kirin, which has development rights in Japan and other selected Asian markets.
Another drug in the pipeline, Omaveloxolone is being investigated in a phase II registrational study dubbed MOXIe in patients with Friedreich's ataxia (FA), a genetic, degenerative neuromuscular disorder. Positive topline results were reported last month. Based on the results the company intends to proceed with the regulatory submissions.
2. Horizon Therapeutics Public Limited Company (HZNP) recorded a new high of $30.39 in intraday trading on Tuesday before closing at $29.85. The stock is up 50% year-to-date.
Horizon Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on researching, developing, and commercializing medicines for rare rheumatic diseases.
The lead drug candidate, Teprotumumab is under review by the FDA for the treatment of active thyroid eye disease (TED) with a decision expected in March 2020.
The company's New Drug Application for PROCYSBI Delayed-Release Oral Granules in Packets was accepted by the FDA for review recently, with a decision expected in 2020. PROCYSBI as delayed-release capsules was first approved in 2013 for the treatment of nephropathic cystinosis.
3. RAPT Therapeutics, Inc. (RAPT) jumped to a new high of $15.96 in intraday trading on Tuesday before closing at $14.49. The stock debuted on the Nasdaq on October 31, INCLUDE THE YEAR at an opening price of $12.25.
RAPT Therapeutics is a clinical-stage immunology-based biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing oral small molecule therapies for patients with oncology and inflammatory diseases.
The lead drug candidate, FLX475 is under a phase I/II as a monotherapy, and in combination with Merck's Keytruda in patients with "charged" tumors and expect results from the Phase 2 portion of the trial in the first half of 2020.
A phase I study of RPT 193, proposed for the treatment of atopic dermatitis was initiated last month. The company expects clinical proof-of-concept results from the study by mid-2020.
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic skin disease that makes the skin red and itchy.
4. Avadel Pharmaceuticals plc (AVDL) hit a new high of $5.74 in intraday trading on Tuesday before closing at $5.53. The stock has gained more than 100% year-to-date.
Avadel Pharmaceuticals is a revenue-generating specialty pharmaceutical company.
Avadel's fourth hospital product AV001 is under FDA review, with a decision expected on December 15, 2019.
The company's once-nightly sodium oxybate, FT218, to treat excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and cataplexy in patients suffering from narcolepsy, is under a phase III study, dubbed REST-ON. Pivotal data readout is expected in the second quarter of 2020.
Sodium oxybate was first approved in 2002 for the treatment of cataplexy associated with narcolepsy. The dosing of the currently available Sodium oxybate is twice-nightly.
In the second quarter, the company had revenue of $17.55 million compared with $29.23 million in the same quarter a year ago.
Third-quarter results are expected to be reported on November 12, 2019.
5. Fulgent Genetics, Inc. (FLGT) recorded a new high of $13.59 in intraday trading on Tuesday before closing at $13.01. The stock is up over 300% year-to-date.
Fulgent Genetics offers genetic testing services.
On November 4, 2019, after the bell, the company reported better-than-expected third-quarter results. This made the stock jump 38.4% in intraday trading yesterday.
Net income for the third quarter was $1.5 million, or $0.08 per share compared with net loss of $595,000 or $0.03 per share in the same quarter last year. On a non-GAAP basis, income was $2.6 million or $0.14 per share for the third quarter of 2019.
Third-quarter revenue was $10.3 million, an increase of 84% from $5.6 million in the year-ago quarter.
Analysts expected the company to report earnings of $0.03 per share on revenues of $8.45 million for the third quarter.