Grayscale Announces Best Ever Quarter With Over $1B Raised
Digital asset manager Grayscale Investments has posted its best quarterly results to date, having brought in just over $1 billion in investment across all of its cryptocurrency products.
- In its financial report for Q3 2020, the company – which is owned by CoinDesk’s parent firm Digital Currency Group – said it had seen inflows of $1.05 billion across all products.
- For the year so far, the figure stands at $2.4 billion, which Grayscale said is more than twice the total amount raised for the years 2013–2019.
- Its most popular product, the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust, saw inflows of $719.3 million in the third quarter, while bitcoin assets under management (AUM) have grown 147% in 2020.
- Crypto products excluding the Bitcoin Trust made a 31% contribution to the $1 billion total in Q3.
- Grayscale’s trusts for litecoin and bitcoin cash, and its “Large Cap Fund,” all saw inflows rise by 1,400% from quarter to quarter.
- The company said 81% of investment in Q3 came from institutional investors, while 57% of investment came from those investing in multiple products. That reflects a broadening of interest outside bitcoin, the company said.
- Grayscale had around $5.9 billion in assets under management across its 10 products as of Sept. 30.
- Edit (13:40 UTC): Corrected erroneous investment amount in first paragraph.
- Isle of Man Regulator Says Bitcoin, Ether Not Considered Securities in New Guidance
- New Zealand Man Charged With Money Laundering Via Crypto and Luxury Cars
- Algorand’s New Europe Accelerator to Boost Startups With up to $500K in Funding
- New York Regulator Calls for More Social Media Oversight After Twitter Hack
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.