Gold Reaches All-Time High as Bitcoin Breaks Above $11k
The price of gold reached a new all-time intraday high of $1,942 Monday, extending a rally that started in 2019.
- A record high for the yellow metal comes during an approximately 28% rally since January.
- Goldâs previous record high of $1,924 was reached on Sept. 6, 2011.
- Bitcoin, often viewed as digital gold, soared to $11,400 as the stalwart cryptocurrency keeps pace with gold.Â
- Bitcoin gained more than 13% over the past 24 hours, according to OnChainFX.Â
- Bitcoin Futures Volume Surges 186% as Price Hits $11K
- First Mover: The Dollar Drop May Have Helped Push Bitcoin Past $11K
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Blasts Past $10,000; Ethereum Fees Up 550% in 2020
- Leading Austrian Telecom Provider Adds Cryptocurrencies to Its Cashless Payment Network
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.