XAUUSD stays below a bearish trend line on its 4-hour chart and remains in the short term downtrend from 1357.45. As long as the price is below the trend line, the downside movement could be expected to continue.
On the downside
The gold price is now facing an ascending trend line from 1204.77 to 1275.64 now at 1308.70 on the daily chart. A clear break below the trend line support could suggest that the uptrend from 1204.77 had completed at 1357.45 already, then the following downside movement could bring price to next support level at 1275.64.
On the upside
Support levels: 1308.70 (the ascending trend line on the daily chart), 1275.64 (the key support), 1251.44 (the August 8 low).
Resistance levels: 1326.90 (the bearish trend line on the 4-hour chart), 1334.62 (near term resistance), 1357.45 (the September 8 high), 1375.11 (the July 2016 high).
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Gold Price Futures (GC) Technical Analysis - September 18, 2017 Forecast
- Trump and Fed Coming in the Next Two Days, US Futures Point to Another Record High
- Correction on the Precious Metals Advance
- Gold Price Is Facing Trend Line Support
- Commodities Daily Forecast - September 18, 2017
- Geo-Political Risk Eases, with Carney and the Pound in the Spotlight This Afternoon