General Electric Company ( GE ) will begin trading ex-dividend on December 17, 2015. A cash dividend payment of $0.23 per share is scheduled to be paid on January 25, 2016. Shareholders who purchased GE prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This marks the 5th quarter that GE has paid the same dividend. At the current stock price of $30.32, the dividend yield is 3.03%.
The previous trading day's last sale of GE was $30.32, representing a -2.16% decrease from the 52 week high of $30.99 and a 56.53% increase over the 52 week low of $19.37.
GE is a part of the Energy sector, which includes companies such as Sony Corp Ord ( SNE ) and Emerson Electric Company ( EMR ). GE's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is -$.72. Zacks Investment Research reports GE's forecasted earnings growth in 2015 as -21.36%, compared to an industry average of .5%.
Interested in gaining exposure to GE through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have GE as a top-10 holding:
- iShares Global Industrials ETF ( EXI )
- iShares Morningstar Large-Cap Value ETF ( JKF )
- SPDR Select Sector Fund - Industrial ( XLI )
- iShares U.S. Industrials ETF ( IYJ )
- Vanguard Industrials ETF - DNQ ( VIS ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is XLI with an decrease of -0.17% over the last 100 days. EXI has the highest percent weighting of GE at 8.47%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement