Gemini Exchange Launches Crypto Trading Against the Euro
Gemini, the cryptocurrency exchange founded by the Winklevoss brothers, has launched trading denominated in the euro.
- In an announcement Wednesday, the company said all listed cryptocurrencies could be purchased and traded with euros.
- Euro deposits can be made via both SWIFT or SEPA transfers.
- The exchange’s pro-level platform ActiveTrader has also listed pairs for the euro against bitcoin and ethereum (as well as GBP against the same two crypto assets).
- Roughly a month ago, Gemini also added pounds sterling for the U.K. market, having recently been granted an electric money institution license.
- Over in the U.S., Gemini also recently added “shielded” zcash withdrawals, allowing users to use the privacy-enhancing cryptocurrency without disclosing their identities or the size of their transactions.
- Blockchain Firm Figment Raises $2.5M in Funding Round Led by Bonfire Ventures
- FTX Launches Bitcoin Pairs for Top Stocks Like Amazon, Apple and Tesla
- Former BitLicense Chief to Manage Andreessen Horowitz’s Cryptocurrency Efforts
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Invests $8M in Blockchain Firm Bitt
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.