Earnings season kicks into high gear this week with over 190 companies reporting, including many big cap Dow and S&P 500 names.
Quite a few are set to report on Friday, before the bell, including Dow Jones components Procter & Gamble and General Electric.
These are bellwether names that investors will be watching to gauge the strength of the global economy.
These 5 companies have excellent earnings surprise track records. It's not easy to beat nearly every quarter for years. But these 5 companies have done just that and have made it look easy.
Will they continue to hold onto their stellar earnings beat records this quarter?
Friday's Best Earnings Charts
1. Citizens Financial Group CFG hasn't missed since 2014. The financials have been hot. Shares are trading near multi-year highs. Will another beat push them into a breakout?
2. General Electric GE has beat every quarter for five years yet shares are still at multi-year lows. The earnings beats haven't helped investor sentiment which is worried about future growth. Could shares see a rebound on the earnings?
3. Procter & Gamble PG has missed just once in 5 years. Shares have been on the move and look like they want to break out to new 5-year highs. Will another earnings beat put them over the top?
4. Honeywell HON has one of the best large cap charts on the Street. It's only missed once since 2014. It's a beast.
5. Schlumberger SLB has the same problem GE has. It beats nearly every quarter but shares have sunk because oil prices haven't rebounded significantly in 2017. Shares will trade with oil, not the earnings beat or miss. Still, this is a key report for those interested in what is going on in the oil patch.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
Have you always wanted to trade stock options but are unsure where to begin or what to look for?
Each week, Zacks' Dave Bartosiak will bring you a detailed explanation of the trades "live" on YouTube.
Watch him go through the trade as he answers your questions in real time.
Become one of Dave's minions. Join the Zacks Live Trader community today. It's free!
More Stock News: This Is Bigger than the iPhone!
It could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple sold a mere 1 billion iPhones in 10 years but a new breakthrough is expected to generate more than 27 billion devices in just 3 years, creating a $1.7 trillion market.
Zacks has just released a Special Report that spotlights this fast-emerging phenomenon and 6 tickers for taking advantage of it. If you don't buy now, you may kick yourself in 2020.