Franklin's (BEN) July AUM Ascends on Strong Market Gains

An image of a man at his desk working using two monitors
Credit: Shutterstock photo

Franklin ResourcesBEN has announced preliminary assets under management (AUM) by its subsidiaries of $733.7 billion for July 2018. Results display 1.3% rise from $724.1 billion recorded as of Jun 30, 2018. Strong market gains were recorded partly offset by net outflows. Further, the figure dipped 2.5% from the previous year.

Month-end total equity assets came in at $316.5 billion, up around 1.9% from the previous month and down marginally year over year. Of the total equity assets, around 64% were from international sources, while the remaining 36% came in from the United States.

Total fixed income assets were $268 billion, marginally up from the previous month and down 5.9% from the previous year. Overall, tax-free assets accounted for only 24% of the fixed-income assets, while the remaining 76% was taxable.

Franklin recorded $140.2 billion in hybrid assets, which inched up 1.8% from $137.7 billion witnessed in the previous month and edged down 1.6% from $142.5 billion reported in July 2017.

Cash management funds came in at $9 billion, down from the prior-month figure of $9.1 billion, and up from $6.1 billion recorded in the year-ago period.

The company's global footprint is an exceptionally favorable strategic point as its AUM is well diversified. Nevertheless, regulatory restrictions and sluggish economic recovery might mar AUM growth and escalate costs.

Currently, Franklin carries a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell). Shares of the company have declined around 12.9% over the last six months compared with the 4% loss incurred by the industry .

You can see the complete list of today's Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks here .

Among other asset managers, Invesco Ltd. IVZ , T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. TROW and Legg Mason Inc. LM are expected to release preliminary AUM results for July 2018, early next week.

The Hottest Tech Mega-Trend of All

Last year, it generated $8 billion in global revenues. By 2020, it's predicted to blast through the roof to $47 billion. Famed investor Mark Cuban says it will produce "the world's first trillionaires," but that should still leave plenty of money for regular investors who make the right trades early.

See Zacks' 3 Best Stocks to Play This Trend >>

Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report

T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (TROW): Free Stock Analysis Report

Invesco Ltd. (IVZ): Free Stock Analysis Report

Legg Mason, Inc. (LM): Free Stock Analysis Report

Franklin Resources, Inc. (BEN): Free Stock Analysis Report

To read this article on click here.

Zacks Investment Research

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

In This Story


Other Topics


Latest Markets Videos


    Zacks is the leading investment research firm focusing on stock research, analysis and recommendations. In 1978, our founder discovered the power of earnings estimate revisions to enable profitable investment decisions. Today, that discovery is still the heart of the Zacks Rank. A wealth of resources for individual investors is available at

    Learn More