Forex news for Asia trading Tuesday 22 December 2015
- USD/JPY to 132 in 2016? Japan broker says yes if Fed hikes continue & BOJ eases
- Conference Board China Leading Index +0.6% m/m (prior +0.3%)
- People's Bank of China (PBOC) sets yuan reference rate at 6.4746
- ANZ assess where we are at, conclude "This is rarely a good environment for the AUD"
- China Securities Journal: China needs to expand fiscal spending
- UK data - GfK Consumer Confidence for December: 2 (vs. 1 expected)
- LIBOR rigger has sentence reduced
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway on track for worst year since 2008
- Trade ideas thread for Tuesday 22 December 2015
Tight ranges again today nearly across the board but for AUD, NZD, CAD, which attracted some bids. AUD/USD popped through 0.7200 and had a quick run to around 0.7225 and thereabouts. it backed off a few points with sellers around here and is just under 20 as i update. NZD/USD had a steadier upmove, gaining 60+ points from its session lows to again be a solid performer.
EUR, CHF, yen, GBP had tighter ranges though and not much different on these crosses.
Gold is more or less unchanged.
Regional equities as I update:
- Nikkei -0.16%
- Shanghai +0.10%
- HK +0.08%
- ASX +0.15%