- Fiscal stimulus set to boost economic growth in United States
- GDP growth under 0.5 and 1 ppt in 2017, 2018 respectively
- Mone tary policy set to remain on cautious path near term
See how retail traders are positioning in the majors using the DailyFX SSI readings on the sentiment page.
According to a report today from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), United States GDP is set to enjoy moderate growth as we head toward the end of the year, and set to accelerate as projected fiscal stimulus hits the economy in 2018. The projected fiscal support should lift domestic GDP growth, adding just under one-half and one percentage point in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
With the labor market continuing to perform well and inflation rising, the Federal Reserve is assumed to continue on their gradual rate-hike path, hitting 2.00 percent by the end of 2018. However, monetary policy should remain on a cautious path as certain inflation expectation measures have consistently undershot their targets. This may have the potential to edge down market expectations for hawkish Fed policy near term.
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.
Learn forex trading with a free practice account and trading charts from IG .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement