FireEye Inc FEYE just released their fourth quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results, posting earnings of $-0.73 per share and revenue of $184.8 million.
Currently, FEYE has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $-0.73 per share , surpassing our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -0.76. This number excludes $0.14 from nonrecurring items.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $184.8 million , missing our estimate of $187 million. However, this number reflects a positive 29.2% change on a year-over-year basis.
3. Reported positive cash flow of $9.4 million from operations, an improvement of $9.7 million compared to cash used by operations of $0.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2014.
4. "We made tremendous progress in 2015 on our multi-year journey to build the world's leading advanced threat management platform," said David DeWalt, FireEye chairman of the board and chief executive officer. "On a year-over-year basis, we grew billings 35 percent, increased revenue 46 percent, added nearly 1,200 new customers, and expanded our international presence. We also made progress on our path to profitability, generating record annual cash flow from operations and improved operating margins."
5. FEYE was down $0.42, or 3.38%, to $11.99 as of 4:27 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here's a graph that looks at FireEye'squarterly reported EPS:
FireEye Inc. provides a security platform for cyber-attacks to enterprises and governments. The company offers web security, email security, file security and malware analysis. It provides products and services through distributors, resellers and strategic partners primarily in the United States, the Asia Pacific, Japan, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and internationally. FireEye Inc. was founded in 2004 is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
Check back later for our full analysis onFireEye'sfourth quarter earnings report!
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.