Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen:
Headlines crossing the Bloomberg, from a written response she has given to questions. Released by a member of Congress
- Reiterates she expects continued US economic strength
- Reiterate gradual approach to interest rate increases
- Repeats inflatin will return to the Federal Reserve's 2% goal over time
- Fed will adjust policy if outlook changes unexpectedly
- Wouldn't rule out negative rates in very adverse case - must consider unintended consequences of negative rates
Pretty vanilla type comments these. I'm not surprised by any of them. Are you?
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.