Etsy (ETSY) just released its first quarter fiscal 2016 earnings results, posting earnings of $0.01 per share and revenue of $81.8 million.
Currently, Etsy has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted earnings of one penny per share, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -$0.02.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $81.8 million, topping our estimate of $76 million.
3. Etsy reiterated its 2016 and 3-year guidance. The company expects revenue growth to be at the high end of its range.
4. "We supported 1.6 million active sellers and 25.0 million active buyers, who together generated nearly $630 million in GMS," said company CEO Chad Dickerson.
5. ETSY was up $1.20, or 14.29%, to $9.60 as of 5:19 PM ET in after-hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here's a graph that looks at Etsy's prior earnings performance:
Etsy, Inc. offers e-commerce services. It provides online and offline marketplaces to buy and sell goods. The company's product include art, home and living, mobile accessories, jewelry, wedding, and others. It operates primarily in Berlin, Germany, Dublin, Ireland, Hudson, New York, London, United Kingdom, Melbourne, Australia, Paris, France, San Francisco, California and Toronto, Canada.
Check back later for our full analysis onEtsy's first quarter earnings report!