Etsy, Inc. (ETSY) offers e-commerce services. It provides online and offline marketplaces to buy and sell goods. The company's product include art, home and living, mobile accessories, jewelry, wedding, and others.
Currently, Etsy has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but the ranking is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report:
1. Etsy posted an EPS of -$0.06, which missed our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -$0.03.
2. Etsy reported revenues of $65.7 million, which missed our consensus estimate of $68.5 million.
3. Marketplace revenue grew 19.7% year-over-year and Seller Services revenue grew 66.7% year-over-year.
4. "During the third quarter the growth in the Etsy Economy continued, and we generated more than $1.6 billion in GMS year-to-date and supported more than 1.5 million active sellers and 22.6 million active buyers," said Chad Dickerson, Etsy, Inc. CEO.
5. Shares of ETSY were up about 3.18% at the closing bell, but dropped over 8% in after-hours trading as of 4:35 p.m. EST.
Here's a graph that looks at Etsy's earnings surprise history:
Check back later for our full analysis on Etsy's third quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days . Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report