Ethereum ETF to List on Brazil’s Stock Exchange
Blockchain investment firm QR Capital is to list an ethereum exchange-traded fund (ETF) on Brazil’s stock exchange after winning approval from the markets regulator.
- The ETF will list on the Sao Paulo-based B3 exchange under the ticker QETH11, QR Capital said in a tweet Tuesday.
- QETH11 won approval from Brazil’s Securities and Exchange Commission and will use institutional custody provided by crypto exchange Gemini. It is Latin America’s first ethereum ETF, QR Capital said.
- QR Capital will buy ether and offer investors exposure to it without them having to worry about wallets or private keys.
- Last month, QR Capital’s bitcoin ETF began trading on B3, itself the first bitcoin ETF to be approved in Latin America.
- Hashdex to Launch Bitcoin ETF Seeking to Offset Mining Emissions
- Brazilian Securities Commission Should Pay ‘Special Attention’ to Crypto Assets, Director Nominee Says
- Brazil’s Bitcoin Banco Group and Leader Arrested for Alleged Embezzlement of $300M in Crypto
- SoftBank Invests $200M in Brazil Crypto Exchange Mercado Bitcoin
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.