Education Realty Trust Inc. ( EDR ) will begin trading ex-dividend on January 27, 2017. A cash dividend payment of $0.38 per share is scheduled to be paid on February 15, 2017. Shareholders who purchased EDR prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This marks the 3rd quarter that EDR has paid the same dividend.
The previous trading day's last sale of EDR was $41.81, representing a -14.45% decrease from the 52 week high of $48.87 and a 13.09% increase over the 52 week low of $36.97.
EDR is a part of the Consumer Services sector, which includes companies such as Simon Property Group, Inc. ( SPG ) and American Tower Corporation (REIT) ( AMT ). EDR's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $.74. Zacks Investment Research reports EDR's forecasted earnings growth in 2016 as -4.76%, compared to an industry average of 4.7%.
Interested in gaining exposure to EDR through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have EDR as a top-10 holding:
- Guggenheim S&P Midcap 400 Pure Growth ETF ( RFG ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is RFG with an increase of 5.04% over the last 100 days. It also has the highest percent weighting of EDR at 1.01%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Better Buy: Dogecoin vs. Terra Classic vs. Terra (LUNA)?
- Bitcoin Uses 50 Times Less Energy Than Traditional Banking, New Study Shows