Headlines from speech being reported now
- We are well aware of collateral effects of our policy on the economy
- Know the limits of certain policy instruments
- In principal, M&As accompanied by downsizing are the best option for consolidation in the sector with banking union providing a favorable backdrop
- Resolution of the large post crisis NPL (Non Performing Loans) overhang in Europe requires a comprehensive strategy
- Reducing NPL levels will realistically take several years to reach reasonable levels
- Present situation deserves a deep reflection about the offsetting of some market failures
For the full text of the speech you can read it HERE .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.