Does the U.S. Economy Need More Stimulus?
Will protracted DC stimulus negotiations derail the U.S. economy’s recovery? What about contentious spending discussions in Europe and Japan? For those answers and more, we turn to our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank.
1. Does this latest turn of events have the potential to stop our economic recovery?
2. Do we need to add to this the disappointing unemployment data last week and a somewhat dour economic outlook from the Federal Reserve?
3. So does the lack of more stimulus actually mean no economic recovery here or will it just be stalled out until consumers receive more money to keep it moving forward?
4. Even with more stimulus money to consumers, how long will the recovery be sustainable?
5. Will more stimulus money to consumers be the fuel for stocks to move higher?
6. What do you think about the way the Q2 earnings season shaped up? What do those results say for our economy and stock market?
7. Since Salesfore.com’s blowout earnings, it looks like there’s going to be a few changes to the Dow Index correct?
8. Q3, Q4 and full year 2020 earnings don’t look that great either right?
9. What is the correlation between gold, the dollar and the global economy?
10. You wrote recently that sustained U.S. dollar weakness begets strength in commodity prices, and in non-U.S. share listings. To that extent, you’ve been keeping an eye on three major non-U.S. mining stocks… Rio Tinto (RIO), Southern Copper (SCCO) and AngloGold Ashanti (AU).
Chief Equity Strategist & Economist, John Blank with a look at the global markets. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Click to get this free report
Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO): Free Stock Analysis Report
Rio Tinto PLC (RIO): Free Stock Analysis Report
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (AU): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.