Discover Financial Services ( DFS ) has announced an ex-dividend date of December 31, 2012 and a cash dividend payment of $0.14 per share scheduled for January 17, 2013. Shareholders who purchased DFS stock prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This represents an 40% increase over the prior quarter. At the current stock price of $38.34, the dividend yield is 1.46%.
The previous trading day's last sale of DFS was $38.34, representing a -8.89% decrease from the 52 week high of $42.08 and a 61.43% increase over the 52 week low of $23.75.
DFS is a part of the Finance sector, which includes companies such as American Express Company ( AXP ) and Moody's Corporation ( MCO ). DFS's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $4.46. Zacks Investment Research reports DFS's forecasted earnings growth in 2013 as -2.08%, compared to an industry average of 15%.
For more information on the declaration, record and payment dates, visit the DFS Dividend History page.
Interested in gaining exposure to DFS through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have DFS as a top-10 holding:
- PowerShares Dynamic Financial ( PFI )
- Russell 1000 High Beta ETF (HBTA)
- PowerShares Fundamental Pure Mid Core Portfolio ( PXMC )
- PowerShares Dynamic LargeCap Value ( PWV ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is HBTA with an increase of 15.46% over the last 100 days. PFI has the highest percent weighting of DFS at 2.58%.
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement