Destiny 2 is down for the time being.
The game is played on Bungie , a website that is currently down in order to implement the hotfix v126.96.36.199, which will help debug the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gamers. Here are seven things to know about the server maintenance:
- Destiny 2 is expected to be back online at 11 a.m. PT today.
- Downloads that were in process may restart once the server is back online.
- Companion apps such as third-party apps will see their services disrupted while the company is doing server maintenance.
- If a player has trouble logging back into Destiny 2 after the hotfix has been implemented, they should try clearing their console cache , power cycling their network hardware or read through the Bungie's network troubleshooting guide .
- There's a common error code "Sheep" that will make it impossible to join a friend's fireteam. If you face this, you may not have the latest version of the game. Bungie suggests that all players involved close the game and restart it.
- If your console has been having issues adding the update, it can be initiated manually.
- One of the most infamous bugs that has been plaguing the game comes in the form of a bug that appeared during the current Nightfall mission. Bungie may be working to fix this bug as well.
Contact Bungie or browse its website if you still have questions.
More From InvestorPlace
- 7 Non-Tech Stocks Using Tech to Win
- 7 Dividend Aristocrats to Buy for Growth, Too
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Stock Investors Shouldn't Overlook These Risks
The post Destiny 2 Is Down: 7 Things to Know About the Server Maintenance appeared first on InvestorPlace .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.