Crypto Wallet Provider Sylo Targets Growing India Market Through Exchange Partnership
Digital wallet provider Sylo has teamed up with India-based exchange Bitbns to serve the nationâs revitalized cryptocurrency market.
- Ever since Indiaâs Supreme CourtÂ overturnedÂ central bank restrictionsÂ forÂ crypto exchangesÂ back in March, interest from traders and investors around digital assets in India has soared.
- Now, Sylo and Bitbns want to capitalize on the growing demand by easing the process of buying and storing crypto assets for Indiaâs residents through the Sylo Smart Wallet.
- According to New Zealand-based Sylo, sign-ups to the wallet app from India saw a 500% increase in the second quarter of this year, with local users making up 30% of the walletâs 250,000 users.
- In the face of recent restrictions placed on social media platforms including WeChat and TikTok, Bitbns CEO Gaurav Dahake says India has been presented an opportunity to offer a âWeChat of sortsâ platform, without compromising on privacy.
- Syloâs wallet app (available on iOS and Android) is able to store, send and spend cryptocurrencies via a decentralized browser based on Ethereum.
- It also allows messaging and video and audio calls.
- The partners add the app can offer a solution for Indiaâs unbanked, only needing a phone number or email address needed to sign up.
- Syloâs app is a key part of a project enabling users to buy Coke with bitcoin at 2,000 vending machines in Australia and New Zealand.
- Bitbns is based in Banglore, Karnataka.
- Bank of Japan Forms New Team to Explore Central Bank Digital Currency
- Mastercard Now Allows Crypto Firm Wirex to Issue Payment Cards
- Canada Crypto Exchange Coinsquare Accused of Wash Trading by Watchdog
- Wanted Wirecard Exec Said to Be Sheltered by Secret Service in Russia
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.