Pantera Capital CEO Dan Morehead and 10T Holdings cofounder Dan Tapiero traded conflicting views of the economic recovery at the Real Vision virtual crypto summit Tuesday.
- The crypto space investment chiefs, both âdie-hard macro guys,â disagreed on where COVID-19 is leading the economy, with Morehead projecting a âlingeringâ recession and Tapiero saying he hasnât been this bullish since 2012.
- They both agreed, however, that this environment will be good for bitcoin.
- Central bankersâ unrelenting money printing may well boost fixed quantity assets, said Morehead. âIt just seems inevitable that the global macro tsunami of paper money is gonna float a lot of boats,â he said.Â
- Both said Paul Tudor Jonesâ recent bitcoin advocacy signaled a strong investment opportunity to the markets. Even so, Tapiero said the legendary macro trader still has a ways to go before he grasps bitcoinâs systemic value.
- âWeâve just got to wait until more people adopt [bitcoin] and the network effect increases, and weâre at a good spot to take advantage,â said Tapiero.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.