Michigan survey chief with comments on the final numbers
- All Americans have positive jobs market views
- Consumer spending outlook remains fairly good
- Consumers want more discounts
- Holiday season won't be terrible
- Retailers will see pressures on margins
- Higher income households are discount hunting too
- Higher income households are being more guarded
- Fewer upper earners say they will be better off
- Last recession taught consumers the need to save
- Consumers have shown a decline in economic aspirations
The biggest take for the Fed will be the jump in inflation expectations
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Better Buy: Dogecoin vs. Terra Classic vs. Terra (LUNA)?
- Bitcoin Uses 50 Times Less Energy Than Traditional Banking, New Study Shows