• Micron Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MU ) soared 15.7%, after announcing late on Wednesday that signs suggested that the PC markets' demand should be higher next year
• Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ: BBBY ) declined 6.3% after the company said it might report lower-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings results
• Shares of American Greetings Corp. (NYSE: AM ) plunged 21.1% after reporting a near 40% drop in its third-quarter profits
• Akamai Technologies, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: AKAM ) stocks soared 18.6% after announcing that it would buy Cotendo for $268 million
• Shares of WCA Waste Corporation (NASDAQ: WCAA ) soared 30.1% after agreeing to be taken over by Macquairie Infrastructure Partners Inc. for $6.50 a share
• After VIVUS Inc. (NASDAQ: VVUS ) spoke of concerns about its diet drug Qnexa, shares of the company slumped 16.6%
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.