Yeah, I'm lumping together Aso and Mester into the one post.
They deserve each other.
Japan finance minister Aso:
- Cannot comment on effect of negative rate on JGB market
(Why not? You're the Finance Minister for goodness sake!)
- Will implement policy so that market can absorb JGBs
- Inflation expectations are stable even with low oil
- Not worried about credibility issue with inflation
- Market volatility lasting longer than the episode in August
- Sees 'a little more downside risks' to US economy
- Asked about market selloff, says 'you can read too much in to volatility'
Mester speaking with reporters
Headlines via Reuters and Bloomberg