Bitcoin options trading on CME has flatlined after the exchange experienced massive growth and a record-breaking expiry last month.
- CMEâs bitcoin options open interest has grown barely 10% in July to $167 million at last check.
- Less than 0.2% of Fridayâs aggregate bitcoin options trading occurred on CME, according to Skew.
- Open interest on Deribit, which represented 93% of Fridayâs bitcoin options trading volume, has grown roughly 30% in July to $1.1 billion, down from $1.3 billion before the June expiry.Â
- CME bitcoin options market grew 10x within a 30-day period between May and June on the heels of record-breaking growth in its bitcoin futures market.Â
- Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency traded on CME Group, and the exchange currently has no plans to launch additional cryptocurrency markets.
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Still Stuck in a Rut, Trading Below $10K
- Is Scam Selling Suppressing the Price of Bitcoin?
- Market Wrap: A Sea of Red Across Markets as Bitcoin Drops to $9.2K
- CME Bitcoin Options Market Grew 10x in the Past Month
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.