CFTC commitment of traders report EUR shot position slashed by 40K before the Weds/Thursday rally
Forex futures market speculator positions data from the CFTC commitment of traders report as of the close on February 2, 2016
- EUR short 87K vs. 127K short prior week
- GBP short 45K vs. 47K short prior week
- JPY long 37K vs. 50 K long prior week
- CAD short 52K vs. 67K short prior week
- CHF short 5K vs. 4K short prior week
- AUD short 26K vs. 33K short prior week.
- NZD short 8K vs. 5K short prior week
The EUR position was trimmed by 40K in the current week going from 127K to 87K. The change was as of the close of business on Tuesday. Given the big moves in the EURUSD were on Wednesday and Thursday, perhaps there was a further significant reduction in the net position on those days. The short position was the smallest short since October 20th week when the net short position was at -63K.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.