* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 1.10 percent to 19,942.71
* Leading the index were Denison Mines Corp <DML.TO>, up 9.3%, BlackBerry Ltd BB.TO, up 6.6%, and Westport Fuel Systems Inc WPRT.TO, higher by 6.6%.
* Lagging shares were Fortuna Silver Mines Inc FVI.TO, down 6.1%, Westshore Terminals Investment Corp WTE.TO, down 3.6%, and Silvercorp Metals Inc SVM.TO, lower by 1.8%.
* On the TSX 187 issues rose and 40 fell as a 4.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 175.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada RY.TO, Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO and Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 1.71 points, or 1.4%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.93 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 1.36%, or $0.9, to $67.32 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.04%, or $0.03, to $68.65 O/R
* The TSX is up 14.4% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 20 at 21:03.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.