* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.19 percent to 20,270.65
* Leading the index were OrganiGram Holdings Inc <OGI.TO>, up 12.2%, Dundee Precious Metals Inc DPM.TO, up 4%, and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd KL.TO, higher by 3.5%.
* Lagging shares were Westport Fuel Systems Inc WPRT.TO, down 7.1%, Lithium Americas Corp LAC.TO, down 5.4%, and Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd BDGI.TO, lower by 5.3%.
* On the TSX 104 issues rose and 125 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 165.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Tc Energy Corp TRP.TO, Toronto-dominion Bank TD.TO and Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.62 points, or 0.5%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.72 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 1.5%, or $1.11, to $75.21 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 1.72%, or $1.29, to $76.45 O/R
* The TSX is up 16.3% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 13 at 21:03.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.