* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.15 percent to 16,304.08
* Leading the index were Corus Entertainment Inc <CJRb.TO>, up 9.8%, Onex Corp ONEX.TO, up 5.3%, and Home Capital Group Inc HCG.TO, higher by 5.1%.
* Lagging shares were Parex Resources Inc PXT.TO, down 4.0%, Cronos Group Inc CRON.TO, down 3.9%, and Gibson Energy Inc GEI.TO, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 104 issues rose and 113 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 188.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada RY.TO, Suncor Energy Inc SU.TO and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd CNQ.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.07 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.62 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 2.12%, or $0.86, to $39.78 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.86%, or $0.79, to $41.67 O/R
* The TSX is off 4.5% for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- White House says Walmart, FedEx, UPS to work 24/7 to ease supply bottlenecks for holiday season
- Chinese online brokers Futu and UP Fintech face regulatory risks - People's Daily website
- September, Third Quarter 2021 Review and Outlook
- PRECIOUS-Gold eases as inflation data fans policy tightening bets