July 16 (Reuters) - Futures for Canada's main stock index were flat on Friday, as weaker bullion offset gains in crude oil prices, ahead of monthly domestic trade data due later in the day.
Crude prices rose on Friday, but headed for their biggest weekly drop since at least May as expectations of more supplies spooked investors. O/R
Spot gold XAU= fell 0.6% due to a slight rebound in U.S. bond yields and a firmer dollar. GOL/
September futures on the S&P/TSX index SXFc1 were down 0.03% at 7:00 a.m. ET.
Data for Canada's wholesale trade and foreign securities in May is due at 8:30 a.m. ET.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index .GSPTSE ended 0.18% higher at 20,183.72 on Thursday.
Dow Jones Industrial Average e-mini futures 1YMc1 were up 0.1% at 7:00 a.m. ET, while S&P 500 e-mini futures ESc1 were up 0.14% and Nasdaq 100 e-mini futures NQc1 were up 0.21%.
TOP STORIES TOP/CAN
* Canada may permit fully vaccinated travellers into the country by early September, the country's prime minister said on Thursday, if the current trend in vaccination rate and public health conditions continue.
* Canada and Quebec are ready to spend a combined C$693 million ($550 million) on aerospace projects that cut carbon emissions, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said.
ANALYST RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS RCH/CA
* Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd AEM.TO: Canaccord Genuity raises target price to C$92 from C$90
* Franco-Nevada Corp FNV.TO: Canaccord Genuity cuts to "hold" from "buy"
* Pretium Resources Inc PVG.TO: Canaccord Genuity raises to "buy" from "hold"
COMMODITIES AT 7:00 a.m. ET
Gold futures GCc2: $1819.8; -0.5% GOL/
US crude CLc1: $71.73; +0.11% O/R
Brent crude LCOc1: $73.47; flat O/R
U.S. ECONOMIC DATA DUE ON FRIDAY
0830 Retail sales mm for Jun: Expected -0.4%; Prior -1.3%
0830 Retail sales ex-autos mm for Jun: Expected 0.4%; Prior -0.7%
0830 Retail ex gas/autos for Jun: Prior -0.8%
0830 Retail control for Jun: Expected 0.4%; Prior -0.7%
0830 Retail sales YoY for Jun: Prior 28.15%
1000 Business inventories mm for May: Expected 0.5%; Prior -0.2%
1000 Retail inventories ex-auto rev for May: Prior 0.9%
1000 U Mich Sentiment Preliminary for Jul: Expected 86.5; Prior 85.5
1000 U Mich Conditions Preliminary for Jul: Expected 90.2; Prior 88.6
1000 U Mich Expectations Preliminary for Jul: Expected 85.0; Prior 83.5
1000 U Mich 1 year inflation preliminary for Jul: Prior 4.2%
1000 U Mich 5-year inflation preliminary for Jul: Prior 2.8%
FOR CANADIAN MARKETS NEWS, CLICK ON CODES:
TSX market report .TO
Canadian dollar and bonds report CAD/CA/
Reuters global stocks poll for Canada EQUITYPOLL1, EPOLL/CA
Canadian markets directory CANADA
(Reporting by Amal S in Bengaluru; Editing by Ramakrishnan M.)
((Amal.S@thomsonreuters.com; within U.S.+1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 6749 3677;))
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.