* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 1.00 percent to 16,274.07
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>, up 16.2%, Canopy Growth Corp WEED.TO, up 11.2%, and Spin Master Corp TOY.TO, higher by 10.1%.
* Lagging shares were Silvercorp Metals Inc SVM.TO, down 5.0%, Lundin Gold Inc LUG.TO, down 4.9%, and Aritzia Inc ATZ.TO, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 53 issues rose and 168 fell as a 0.3-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 212.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc ENB.TO, Toronto-dominion Bank TD.TO and Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.58 points, or 0.9%, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 2.97 points, or 1.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.42%, or $0.17, to $40.71 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.02%, or $0.44, to $42.49 O/R
* The TSX is off 4.6% for the year.
Latest Markets Videos
- White House says Walmart, FedEx, UPS to work 24/7 to ease supply bottlenecks for holiday season
- Chinese online brokers Futu and UP Fintech face regulatory risks - People's Daily website
- September, Third Quarter 2021 Review and Outlook
- PRECIOUS-Gold eases as inflation data fans policy tightening bets