* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.35 percent to
* Leading the index were Tricon Residential
Inc , up 10.1%, Altus Group Ltd (Ontario) ,
up 9.4%, and Cineplex Inc , higher by 6.5%.
* Lagging shares were Real Matters
Inc , down 5.1%, Yamana Gold Inc ,
down 4.7%, and Centerra Gold Inc , lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 92 issues rose and 127 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio
favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and no new lows, with
total volume of 188.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Air
Canada , Manulife Financial Corp and Suncor
Energy Inc .
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.05 points, or 0.1%,
while the financials sector climbed 1.86 points,
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.85%, or
$0.37, to $43.02 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.18%, or
$0.54, to $45.1 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 1.9% for the year.
Keywords: CANADA STOCKS/
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.