Comments from Bank of Canada deputy Tim Lane in Thunder Bay, ON
The text from Lane's speech isn't out but there's a presentation on the BOC website with some bullet points.
- US economy providing lift to Canadian economy but exports disappointing
- Inflation is close to target
- Demographics are restraining growth
- Commodity and non-commodity sectors running at different speeds
- Labor market is still recovering
The full presentation is here . There will be more detailed headlines when he speaks. He's set to talk at 12:25 pm ET.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.