Atlassian a Leader of the Pack
Nasdaq is proud to welcome Atlassian Corporation (Nasdaq: TEAM) to our family of listed companies. Atlassian creates software productivity tools that help teams collaborate and operate more efficiently. The Atlassian IPO represented the 4th largest technology public offering of the year by proceeds raised and the 3rd largest by market capitalization.
Atlassian celebrated their listing on Nasdaq by ringing the Opening Bell at the MarketSite in Times Square. Utilizing support from Nasdaq’s public relations and broadcast teams, Atlassian executed a strategic and global public relations campaign that included:
- Broadcast interviews with CNBC, Bloomberg, FOX Business, Reuters TV and Sky Australia
- Print/digital interviews that included the Financial Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Australian Financial Review and Sydney Morning Herald.
- Coordinated out of home and local advertising visibility surrounding the IPO
Technology Company IPOs in 2015
Nasdaq concluded 2015 with a 73% market share of all IPOs. Even further, within the technology sector, Nasdaq garnered 60% market share of IPOs and continues to list 74% of public technology companies including Amazon, Facebook, Alphabet, Netflix, Intel, Cisco, PayPal, Microsoft and Adobe.
As we turn our focus to 2016, we are encouraged about the pipeline building for the first half of the year and look forward to extending our leadership as the preferred listing venue for global technology companies. Please see the MarketInsite post featuring a TechCrunch interview with Nelson Griggs, Executive Vice President with regard to the 2016 tech IPO outlook.
Michael holds a Bachelors and Masters of Finance from Bentley College (Waltham, MA) and is based out of Nasdaq’s San Francisco office.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Tapestry Inc, INmune Bio Inc, DraftKings Inc, Syneos Health
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Ossen Innovation Co, Kindred Biosciences, Biocept Inc, Kaspien Holdings Inc
- EXCLUSIVE-GM exploring 'flying car' market using its Ultium electric battery-sources
- FOCUS-Boeing gearing up for 787 move to South Carolina -sources