athenahealth (ATHN) Tops Q4 Earnings Estimates
athenahealth Inc ATHN just released their fourth quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results, posting earnings of $0.45 and revenue of $257.5 million.
Currently, ATHN has a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), but it is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $0.45 pert share , beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.16. This number excludes $0.26 from non-recurring items.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $257.5 million , reflecting 21% growth compared to the fourth quarter of 2014 but missing our estimate of $258 million.
3. Reported non-GAAP operating income of $31.3 million and non-GAAP net income of $17.8 million.
4. "In 2015, we grew athenahealth-branded bookings by over 30 percent, onboarded a record 13,067 providers onto our network, and improved the efficiency and effectiveness of our service offerings," said Kristi Matus, chief financial & administrative officer of athenahealth. "We are focused on disrupting the status quo in health care and driving the growth of our network, while maintaining a keen eye on delivering high value to our clients."
5. ATHN was down $1.26, or 0.89%, to $141.00 as of 4:33 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here's a graph that looks at athenahealth's long-term quarterly net income and profit margin:
athenahealth Inc is a leading provider of internet-based business services for physician practices. The Company's service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic medical record software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base and integrated back-office service operations. athenahealth was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Check back later for our full analysis on athenahealth's fourth quarter earnings report!
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.