Amgen Inc. (AMGN) will begin trading ex-dividend on August 14, 2019. A cash dividend payment of $1.45 per share is scheduled to be paid on September 06, 2019. Shareholders who purchased AMGN prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This marks the 3rd quarter that AMGN has paid the same dividend. At the current stock price of $205.78, the dividend yield is 2.82%.
The previous trading day's last sale of AMGN was $205.78, representing a -2.1% decrease from the 52 week high of $210.19 and a 23.74% increase over the 52 week low of $166.30.
AMGN is a part of the Health Care sector, which includes companies such as Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) and Biogen Inc. (BIIB). AMGN's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $12.62. Zacks Investment Research reports AMGN's forecasted earnings growth in 2019 as -1.18%, compared to an industry average of 7.3%.
Interested in gaining exposure to AMGN through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have AMGN as a top-10 holding:
- iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Fund (IBB)
- Invesco Dynamic Biotech & Genome ETF (PBE)
- Invesco Dynamic Pharmaceuticals ETF (PJP)
- iShares U.S. ETF Trust (IEIH)
- VanEck Vectors Biotech ETF (BBH).
The top-performing ETF of this group is BBH with an decrease of -4.04% over the last 100 days. IBB has the highest percent weighting of AMGN at 9.02%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
In This StoryAMGN
Latest Companies Videos
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for November 05, 2021
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for November 10, 2021
- Ford Motor Company (F) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for November 18, 2021
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for December 30, 2021