An Alibaba stock split proposal has been made by the company in an effort to increase its number of shares.
Here’s what investors in Alibaba (NYSE:) need to know about the stock split proposal.
- This means that the company will be increasing its number of shares from 4 billion to 32 billion.
- This meeting will be taking place on July 15, 2019.
- The company is advising shareholders in BABA stock to vote in favor of the plans to split the stock.
- It says that this will give the company more flexible capital to work with in the future.
- Some reports claim that the company may be able to raise as much as $20 billion from an IPO in Hong Kong.
You can follow links to learn more about the Alibaba stock split proposal.
BABA stock was up 1% as of Monday afternoon.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
The post appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.