Aave’s LEND Token Jumps 23% on Plan for Liquidity Mining
- Aaveâs LEND token has rallied by 23% in the past 24 hours and is trading at $0.3440 at press time, according to data source Messari. Itâs the dayâs top performer among cryptocurrencies with at least $100 million market capitalization.
- On Wednesday, the protocol announced the Aavenomics Proposal, a plan to transition to decentralized governance by token holders, featuring a liquidity-mining rewards system similar to the one that helped drive growth recently in Compound, a rival decentralized lender.
- âThe price rally suggests the protocolâs upcoming swap and revamped tokenomics has started to gain steam,â Su Zhu, CEO of the cryptocurrency-focused investment fund Three Arrows Capital, told CoinDesk in a Telegram chat. Three Arrows holds the LEND tokens.
- The new model will convert the existing 1.3 billion LEND to AAVE governance tokens in 100:1 ratio, effectively a reverse split.
- AAVE holders will be able to stake their tokens in return for new tokens and a percentage of protocol fees.
- âThe market seems to have approved our proposal,â Marc Zeller, integration lead at Aave, told CoinDesk in a Twitter chat. âNew actors are preparing to participate in the governance proposal and in the upcoming safety module.â
- LEND has jumped 18-fold in 2010, the most among large- and mid-cap cryptocurrencies, according to Messari.
- First Mover: Chainlinkâs Soaring Token Shows Lucrative âOracleâ Role in Fast-Growing DeFi
- Bitcoin on Track for Highest July Price Gain in 8 Years
- KeeperDAO Raises Seven-Figure Seed Investment From Polychain, Three Arrows
- Dharma Adds Uniswap Trading in Bid to Become âthe Robinhood of DeFiâ
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.