This week's Nasdaq Advisory Services commentary features Tyson McCabe, Senior Director, delivering his research on the Activism Landscape.
- Capital flows: Through Q3 of 2014 activist hedge funds saw +13B in inflows with $300B tied to Tier 1, Activist Funds.
- Target companies: Increasing in size and prominence.
- Regulatory Mechanisms and Market Indicators: SEC-facilitated disclosure avoidance and use of options.
- Campaigns by Demand: Board control and representation remain one of the most popular demands.
- Establishing Positions: Usage of derivatives and confidential filing treatment remain a common strategy.
Watch our 90 Second Video to learn the latest about Activism:
Interested in learning more? Download our detailed Activism report today!
Advisory Services Nasdaq Advisory Services is uniquely qualified to provide strategic and operational guidance and help marketplaces prepare for future challenges. We understand first-hand how marketplaces operate, the challenges they face and the complex technology infrastructure that is required to support them. To date, Advisory Services has provided strategic and operational guidance to more than 60 exchange industry clients in 25 countries.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.