For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL - June 14, 2019 - Zacks Value Trader is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
( https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/429223/5-stocks-with-great-classic-value-fundamentals )
5 Stocks with Great Classic Value Fundamentals
Welcome to Episode #145 of the Value Investor Podcast.
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio , shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
This week, she's not messing around.
What stocks are classically cheap in June of 2019?
Screening for Classic Value Stocks
Classic value fundamentals include not just the price-to-earnings ratio, but also the price-to-book and price-to-sales ratios, the PEG, and the Price to Cash Flow ratio.
Including all of the classic value fundamentals means the screen is going to be really narrow.
But in addition to all of these fundamentals, the screen also looked for Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) and #2 (Buy) stocks because those should have rising earnings estimates.
And not to be left out, the screen added the Zacks Style Score for Value of A or B, which are the top two categories.
Will ANY stocks make it through such a narrow, and tough, screen?
Surprisingly, 15 stocks were cheap via the classic value metrics, had growth and the proper Ranks and Style Scores.
5 Classic Value Stocks to Keep on Your Short List
1. AIG AIG has had a big rally in 2019, as the shares are up over 34% year-to-date. That's more than double the S&P 500 over the same period. But it's still cheap, with a forward P/E of 10.7 and a P/S ratio of only 0.9. It also pays a dividend, currently yielding 2.7%.
2. Ethan Allen ETH is in the beaten down retail group but this furniture retailer's shares are up 20.5% on the year, beating the S&P 500, which is up 15%. With a PEG of 0.88 and a P/S ratio of just 0.7 it is both a value stock and has growth.
3. Ford F is dirt cheap, with a forward P/E of just 7.2 even though the shares are up 29.4% year-to-date. It has a PEG ratio which just barely made the screen at 0.99 but that means it has both value and growth. It also pays a juicy dividend currently yielding 6.3%.
4. Greenbrier GBX makes railcars. This is a cyclical industry. Year-to-date the shares have sunk 27.4%. Earnings are also expected to decline in fiscal 209 by 12.4%. But it's cheap with a P/E of 8. It also pays a dividend, currently yielding 3.7%.
5. Zumiez ZUMZ has surprised the naysayers who believe that all the apparel retailers are in trouble. This young adult retailer grew its first quarter comps by 3.3%, on top of a strong 8.3% in the year ago quarter. It said May comps were also coming in positive, at 2.4%. Shares have fallen 8.3% over the last 3 months on retail fears. But it has a P/E of just 11.8 and a PEG of 0.9.
What else should you know about finding classic value stocks?
Tune into this week's podcast to find out.
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss.This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The) (GBX): Free Stock Analysis Report Ford Motor Company (F): Free Stock Analysis Report American International Group, Inc. (AIG): Free Stock Analysis Report Zumiez Inc. (ZUMZ): Free Stock Analysis Report Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (ETH): Free Stock Analysis Report To read this article on Zacks.com click here. Zacks Investment Research