UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 12
(Adds company news items and futures.)
Feb 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 17points higher at 7,146 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, while FTSE100 futures .FFIc1 were up 0.20 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* TUI: TUI TUIT.LTUIGn.DE said on Tuesday its underlying loss hadwidened in its first quarter, days after the tour operator slashed its full-yearforecasts due to an unusually long and hot summer in northern Europe. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL5N2070Y9
* DEBENHAMS: DebenhamsDEB.L has secured 40 million pounds ($51.45million) in additional funding from some of its lenders as it strives to find alonger-term solution to its financial problems, the embattled UK retail chainsaid on Tuesday. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N2072EG
* Plus500: Online trading platform Plus500 LtdPLUSP.L said its revenueand profit for the current year would miss market expectations, mainly due to aregulatory crackdown in the European Union on the sale of certain financialproducts to retail clients.
* GOLD: Gold prices held steady on Tuesday as investors kept a cautiousstance ahead of a fresh round of Sino-U.S trade talks, while a firmer dollarcapped gains for the bullion, which was drawing support from global economicslowdown worries. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N2071CD
* OIL: Oil prices rose on Tuesday amid OPEC-led supply cuts and U.S.sanctions against Iran and Venezuela, although analysts expect surging U.S.production and concerns over economic growth to keep markets in check. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N20707B
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.8 points higher on Monday, buoyed bystrength in bank and consumer shares, while a stronger dollar lifted companieswith greater international exposure as a fresh round of Sino-U.S. trade talkscommenced. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL5N2061MG
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Samantha Machado in Bengaluru) ((Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org; Within UK +44 20 7542 1810; Outside UK+918067499956; Reuters Messaging: Samantha.email@example.com))