BENGALURU, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Gold prices rose slightly onFriday and were headed for their best week in 15, as the dollarweakened following a decline in U.S. Treasury yields, whileinvestors awaited U.S. nonfarm payroll data for clues about thehealth of the world's top economy.
* Spot gold XAU= was up 0.1 percent at $1,239.24 perounce, as of 0125 GMT, having hit a near five-month peak at$1,244.32 per ounce in the previous session.
* U.S. gold futures GCcv1 were up 0.1 percent at $1,244.6per ounce.
* Atlanta Federal Reserve bank president Raphael Bostic onThursday said he felt the Fed should continue raising ratestowards a "neutral" level, noting that despite recent marketvolatility and increasing uncertainty, he did not see "anyindications of a material weakening in the macroeconomic data atthe moment." urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nN9N1X900Z
* The U.S. economy is "performing very well overall,"Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said, capping a week ofwidespread market nervousness with a reminder that the U.S.economy continues to expand. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL1N1YB2GD
* Asian share markets tried to find their footing on Fridayas speculation the Federal Reserve might be "one-and-done" withU.S. rate hikes helped salve some wounds after a punishing week. MKTS/GLOB
* Gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETFs) registeredinflows in all the world's major regions in November, asvolatile stock markets fuelled flight-to-safety buying, theWorld Gold Council said on Thursday. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL1N1YA1P4
* Markets face a test from U.S. payrolls data later in thesession amid speculation the economy was heading for a toughpatch after years of solid growth. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL1N1Y91Q8
* U.S. oil prices stabilised on Friday, buoyed by a fall inU.S. crude oil inventories, but sentiment remained weak asproducer group OPEC postponed a final decision on output cuts,awaiting support from non-OPEC heavyweight Russia. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL4N1YC077
* Most industrial metals prices fell on Thursday and copperhit a three-week low after the arrest of a top Chinese executivein Canada dampened hopes for a resolution to the U.S.-Chinatrade conflict. MET/L
* The U.S. trade deficit jumped to a 10-year high in Octoberas soybean exports dropped further and imports of consumer goodsrose to a record high. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL1N1Y91Q8
DATA AHEAD (GMT)
0700 Germany Industrial output Oct
0745 France Industrial output Oct
0745 France Trade data Oct
1000 Euro zone Revised GDP Q3
1000 Euro zone Employment Q3
1330 U.S. Nonfarm payrolls Nov
1330 U.S. Unemployment rate Nov
1500 U.S. Univ of Michigan sentiment index Dec
1500 U.S. Wholesale sales Oct (Reporting by Karthika Suresh Namboothiri in Bengaluru; Editingby Subhranshu Sahu) ((email@example.com; +91 80 67490997 (If within U.S. call 651-848-5832); Reuters Messaging:firstname.lastname@example.org))