NerdWallet is here to help you win Black Friday , while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time, you save the money. Visit regularly for tips and announcements about the best holiday deals from your favorite retailers. Black Friday is Nov. 23.
If you've been waiting for a deal to buy an iPhone , Black Friday sales are likely to deliver. Historically, retailers discount old and new models or offer high-value gift cards with purchase. This year, the new iPhone XS, XS Max and XR could be in the mix.
We're keeping an eye on retailers' Black Friday ads to help you save money on an iPhone. Note that some offers are contingent upon specific carriers or plans.
Best Black Friday iPhone Deals, 2018
Here are some of the best 2018 Black Friday iPhone deals we've spotted so far:
- Target is gifting shoppers a $250 Target gift card with iPhone XS or XS Max activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T at Target (deal available from 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23, through Sunday, Nov. 25).
- Get a $150 Target gift card with qualified activation of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X on Sprint, Verizon or AT&T (from 7 a.m. on Nov. 23 through Nov. 25).
- Purchase the iPhone XS, XS Max or XR at Walmart and get a $300 Walmart gift card free (in store only).
- Walmart is giving away a $400 Walmart gift card free with purchase of the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X (in store only).
- Save up to $200 on the iPhone X and up to $150 on the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max with qualified activation on Verizon, AT&T or Sprint at Best Buy.
- Save $150 on the iPhone 7 with activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T at Best Buy.
- The iPhone 6 goes on sale for $99 on Straight Talk or Total Wireless from Walmart.
- Walmart is also marking down the iPhone 6s Plus on Straight Talk to $299.
Best Black Friday iPhone Deals, 2017
- Best Buy marked $200 off the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with qualified activation on Verizon, AT&T or Sprint.
- Shoppers who purchased the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus at Target and activated it on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T got a $250 Target gift card as a bonus.
- AT&T and Verizon customers on qualifying payment plans could pay $0 down and score a $300 Walmart gift card with activation of select Apple phones. Eligible devices included: the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.
- Walmart shoppers could get the iPhone 6 through Straight Talk Wireless for $129 (previously $199), or the iPhone SE for $99 (previously $129) on Walmart's Family Mobile.
As Black Friday approaches, keep an eye out for discounts elsewhere. You may find additional iPhone deals directly from major cell phone carriers like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon.
Check out our complete Black Friday coverage for up-to-date deal news from a wide range of retailers.
More From NerdWallet
Lauren Schwahn is a writer at NerdWallet. Email: email@example.com. Twitter: @lauren_schwahn.
The article Best Black Friday iPhone Deals, 2018 originally appeared on NerdWallet.